Monday, March 19, 2012

The Phantom Blackmails Christine

 Ok that's not actually the title, but it fits!

 The Phantom Blackmails Christine

PHANTOM
What a child! Full of life...full of you...my Christine.

Help me through the sadness
Do this kindness for your mentor
Or your progeny, that perfect specimen
May disappear on Coney Island
Vanish here on Coney Island
 Ah, Christine...

CHRISTINE
What are you saying? How could you? After all that we've been? Who are you?

PHANTOM
 I am your angel of music! I am dying Christine! Suffocating here in the dark! Give me breath, give me life! Sing for me! Or I will take from you everything you have ever loved!

CHRISTINE
No! No you can't!

PHANTOM
Oh, but I can.  A man as hideous as this, believe me, is capable of anything.

CHRISTINE
And what am I to sing?

PHANTOM
One song composed by me.

CHRISTINE
And then we're free to leave?

PHANTOM
And will of course receive a princely fee.
 Is it on
with the show?
Does he stay?
Does he go?

RAOUL
He's nowhere to be seen! Insolence!

CHRISTINE
Who?

RAOUL
Hammerstein! What the devil is going on in this place?

CHRISTINE
Raoul...

RAOUL
Christine?

CHRISTINE
Things have changed Raoul. 

2 comments:

  1. There's the scheming phantom we knew, I thought he had gone soft. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Give me breath, give me life! Sing for me!"

    ReplyDelete