Monday, March 19, 2012

Beneath A Moonless Sky

Beneath A Moonless Sky

CHRISTINE
So it was all an empty lie
One final lie to fool us all
To make your death our story's end
To put your life beyond recall

How dare you come and claim me now?
Invade my life, ensnare my voice

PHANTOM
If you could know the pain I've known
Then you would know I had no choice
My Christine...

CHRISTINE
Your Christine
I was yours one brief night long ago
Long ago
With a man that I no longer know

PHANTOM
Ah, Christine
You came and found where I hid
Don't you deny that you did
That long ago night

Once there was a night beneath a moonless sky
Too dark to see a thing, too dark to even try

CHRISTINE
I stole to you side
Tormented by my choice
I couldn't see your face
Yet trembled at your voice

 And I touched you

PHANTOM
 And I felt you

BOTH
 And I heard those ravishing refrains

CHRISTINE
The music of your pulse

PHANTOM
The singing in your veins

CHRISTINE
And I held you

PHANTOM
And I touched you

 BOTH
And with every breath and every sigh

CHRISTINE
I felt no longer scared

PHANTOM
I felt no longer shy

BOTH
At last our feelings bared, beneath a moonless sky

 CHRISTINE
And blind in the dark, as soul gazed into soul
I looked into your heart and saw you pure and whole

PHANTOM
 Cloaked under the night, with nothing to suppress
A woman and a man, no more and yet no less
And I kissed you

CHRISTINE
And caressed you

BOTH
 And the world around us fell away
We said things in the dark, we never dared to say

PHANTOM
And I caught you

CHRISTINE
And I kissed you

PHANTOM
And I took you

CHRISTINE
And I begged you

BOTH
With a need too urgent to deny
As nothing mattered then, except for you and I
Again and then again, beneath a moonless sky


PHANTOM
And when it was done, before the sun could rise
Ashamed of what I was, afraid to see your eyes
I stood while you slept and whispered a good-bye
And slipped into the dark beneath a moonless sky

CHRISTINE
And I loved you, yes, I loved you
I'd have followed anywhere you led
I woke to swear my love, and found you gone instead

PHANTOM
And I loved you

CHRISTINE
Oh I loved you

PHANTOM
And I left you

CHRISTINE
How I loved you

PHANTOM
And I had to both of us knew why

CHRISTINE
We both knew why

BOTH
And yet I won't regret from now until I die
The night I can't forget beneath a moonless sky

PHANTOM
And now?

CHRISTINE
How can you talk of now? For us... there is no now.

6 comments:

  1. The lyrics are correct, but i noticed you are missing a few lines.
    Christine:
    And I held you
    Phantom:
    And I touch you
    Christine:
    And embraced you
    Phantom:
    And I felt you

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU ROOSYCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally found the maker of this website, so thank you for making this and all the hard work and time you've spent writing all of this down.

    I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE THIS SONG! SOOOOOOOOO SEXXY! Sorry I just really like Ben Lewis.. and you are the only person i could find who had the lyrics for the AUSTRALIAN PRODUCTION. SO THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're comments make me feel so appreciated! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your compilation of the song lyrics from "Love Never Dies". forever a supporter of Christine and Phantom (Erik). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I have used many of your lyrics because I couldn't find them anywhere else. I think you have a small mistake here though. After the phantom says "And I touched you", there are more lyrics.
    Christine says:And embraced you.
    Phantom:And I felt you.

    ReplyDelete